Users request that nodes can be cloned, meaning that a copy of node can be placed under a different parent in such a way that the copy is guaranteed to be the same as its origin.
This feature will be contained in FreeMind V1.0.0. There is already a preview available in the unstable section.
There is a third-party implementation of cloning, with imperfections like shallow copying and a failure to copy formatting.
The feature has originally been suggested based on the model application Leo - an outliner.
- Attack of the CLONES - Open Discussion forum - 2008-04-14
- Node Cloning Implementation - Open Discussion forum - 2008-03-19
- Freemind with Node Cloning - Open Discussion forum - 2007-09-26
- Cloning of nodes - Open Discussion forum - 2004-02-15
- 1021772 : One Node object at different places - request in RFE tracker - 2004-09-03