Release 0.8.0 was released on 2005-09-07. Its bug-fix release is release 0.8.1.
There is an overview of new features in 0.8.0, shown as a clickable mind map.
Some of the new features of FreeMind 0.8.0, absent in FreeMind 0.7.1:
- Undo and redo functions
- Timestamps for creation and modification of a node
- Export to raster and vector images: JPEG, PNG, SVG, PDF.
- Tool icons - new nice tool icons for the main toolbar in the size 16x16 pixels, replacing the original Java ones
- Preferences dialog - editing of preferences in a dialog instead of in a plain-text configuration file
- Reminders to nodes
- Encryption of branches
- Custom positioning of nodes
- Automatic coloring of nodes by depth, called "automatic layout"
- Export into a web page with clickable raster image
- Import from MindManager X5
- Translation into many more languages
- Traditional help that is not a mind map, in addition to the mind map help
- And more ...
The history of subreleases of FreeMind 0.8.0:
|0.8.0 RC 5||2005-07-08|
|0.8.0 RC 4||2005-06-17|
|0.8.0 RC 3||2005-05-13|
|0.8.0 RC 2||2005-02-14||announcement|
|0.8.0 RC 1||2005-01-09||announcement|
|0.8.0 beta 4||2004-11-22||announcement|
|0.8.0 beta 3||2004-11-19||announcement|
Sources: search for "Testversion: FreeMind 0.8.0" in forums; manual search in the Open Discussion forum; history.txt.