FreeMind 0.8.0 makes it possible to have rich text in long nodes by manually editing HTML code of the node.
Since FreeMind 0.9.0, it is possible to edit rich text long nodes and rich text notes with a built-in WYSIWYG editor. The underlying format of the rich text is HTML. When the user pastes from a web page or an office document into FreeMind, the inserted node is usually a rich text one. To prevent pasting of rich text into FreeMind, the user has to paste first into a plain text editor such as Notepad, select the text in the plain text editor, and then paste into FreeMind.
- Format > Use Rich Formatting (0.9.0)
- Format > Use Plain Text (0.9.0)
- Alt + R: Use Rich Formatting
- Alt + P: Use Plain Text
- No "paste special" function, enabling pasting of plain text instead of rich text.
- Quirkiness of the used component for rich text editing: SimplyHTML. But SimplyHTML editor has been much improved since FreeMind started to use it.