Test plan for 0.9.0
FreeMind Test Plan for Release 0.9.0 - version 0.1
NOTE: This is a DRAFT Document that is currently under construction.
This test plan is meant to be used as a rough guideline for testing the FreeMind application. Right now, all testing is done manually. We hope to automate at least some of the testing in the future, but for now, the more people we have testing, the more likely we'll catch all the bugs.
Important: This is version 0.1 of the test plan. If you are testing using this plan, make sure you give us the version of the test plan and the test number, which is the number beside the heading. For instance the test number for the
File->New menu item is 22.214.171.124 in Test Plan 0.1. Some tests will have additional test items within them. Those items should be numbered. So, the first test in the File menu test should be numbered 1, so the full designation of the test is Plan Version 0.1 Test 126.96.36.199 Step 1. This will help us understand the problem more quickly. As with all bug reporting, when in doubt, write it down. The more information we have, the better.
This test plan should represent the version of Free Mind that is currently being considered for release, or being actively developed. (Later, we'll split the test plan into two versions, one for the current release, and one for the release under development. If Hotkey: necessary, we can add others later, but I suspect two is all we can expect to maintain.)
Basic Menu Functions
These tests are meant to test all the menu choices and make sure they work properly.
- Verify that using the
File->Newmenu item opens a new Mind Map in the main window without destroying or closing any currently open Mind Maps.
- Verify that pressing Ctrl-N produces the same result as selecting the menu item.
File->Openshould give you a dialog box that allows you to select a previously created MindMap. When you hit the Open button, the mind map file should be loaded into the program and displayed.
- Using Ctrl-O should give you the same results as the previous step.
- Verify that selecting File->Save brings up the File Save Dialog box, if the mind map has not yet been saved.
- Verify that selecting File->Save saves the current mind map, it it has been previously saved.
- Verify that when a mind map is saved and restored, no data is lost.
- Verify that Ctrl-S brings up the File Save Dialog.
- Verify that File->As brings up the File Save As ... Dialog, which allows the user to save the file with a different file name.
- Verify that Ctrl-Shift-S brings up the File Save As ... Dialog.
- Verify that when the file is saved and reloaded, no data is lost.
- Verify that File->Revert discards any changes that have been made to the mind map since the last time it was changed and reloads the saved version of the mind map.
Create Encrypted Map
As XHTML (Clickable Map Version)...
As Java Applet...
Tasks from TASKS nodes to TASKJuggler File...
Resources from RESOURCES nodes to TASKJuggler File...
Branch as HTML
As Open Office Writer Document...
Most Recent Files
Select All Visible
Select Visible Branch
Edit Long Node
Toggle Left Toolbar
Display Selection as Rectangle on/off
Zoom to Fit to Page
Show/Hide Note Window
Show All Attributes
Show Selected Attributes
Hide All Attributes
Basic Mind Map Editing
Create Child Node
Create Sibling Node
These tests are meant to establish if the current release maintains backwards compatibility with earlier releases of FreeMind.
Compatibility with 0.8.0
These tests are meant to verify that FreeMind installation works smoothly on all supported platforms.