Windows file associations
Associating files with .mm file extensions with FreeMind
Note that the installer should take care of this for you, but if you are using manual installation on Windows, then read on.
I found that the supplied batch file did not work (if you edit the batch file, you see that the file name is not passed as an
%1 argument which might be a bug). You have to create the association to the FreeMind.exe executable.
The following works on on Windows XP to associate FreeMind.exe with .mm files:
- Open up Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer)
- Navigate down to a file with the .mm file extension
- Right mouse click on the .mm file, and select Properties.
- Click on the General tab.
- Find the text in the panel that reads Opens with; Click on the Browse button.
- Navigate to where FreeMind.exe is installed, and select it, and hit ok.
Your file associations are setup. Double clicking on a .mm file in Windows Explorer now automatically executes FreeMind.exe on the .mm file.